Mana Health, a New York City based technology company that creates data-driven solutions for healthcare, is transforming healthcare by unifying patient data in a single, cloud-based platform. Mana Health has announced the availability of its secure, HIPAA-compliant ManaCloud Platform that unifies electronic medical records (EMRs) with patient-generated data and offers a developer-friendly Application Programming Interface (API). The new technology is set to be deployed in San Antonio in support of Healthcare Access San Antonio’s network of 40 hospitals.
The ManaCloud launch comes on the heels of the recently announced Meaningful Use—Stage 3 (MU-3) proposed rule, which requires the use of API for sharing data with patients and making available patient-generated data to providers along the care continuum. To meet the needs of the Meaningful Use Stage 3 (MU-3) proposed rules, Mana Health fully supports the requirement for sharing patient data through an API, and goes much further by integrating all sources of data together from clinical sources, apps, and devices.
“We are pleased to offer ManaCloud at the exact moment the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) set down the MU-3 requirement for API access to health records,” says Mana Health CEO and co-founder Chris Bradley. “Health information exchanges (HIEs), hospitals and health systems can now leverage the deep investment Mana Health has made in unified data infrastructure to enhance patient data access, care coordination, and chronic care management.”
ManaCloud was developed with the intent to integrate the many disparate data sources available to a patient to capture and compile critical information that can support the shift to value-based care. The platform allows for input and integration of patients’ clinical data from existing EMRs, while adding patient-generated data from apps and connected devices such as weight, pain levels, pulse, heart rate, exercise and calories. All of these data are then made accessible through an extensible API that facilitates cost-effective delivery to applications that can contribute to accelerating a industry-wide movement toward value-based health care.
Key features of the ManaCloud Platform include:
· Secure, HIPAA-compliant platform with multiple layers of data protection.
· Developer-friendly RESTful, JSON API and Mobile SDK.
· Sandbox and developer tools, allowing developers to build apps using test patient records.
· Patient generated data integration for activity trackers, clinical devices and popular mobile apps.
· Clinical data plug-ins for most EMR output formats.
ManaHealth recently announced the availability of ManaCloud within Healthcare Access San Antonio (HASA), a San Antonio, Texas-based HIE reaching more than two million consumers and providers within some 40 hospitals. HASA was created in 2005 with a federal grant in order to help hospitals and community health centers provide better care for people without medical coverage. HASA implemented the Medicaider program, providing patients with information for financial assistance, and an elemental source for data aggregation.
ManaCloud is currently launched within the HASA network, powering the Mana Health Patient Gateway, its meaningful use-certified patient portal. “Since launching HASA services in 2011, we’ve steadily worked towards providing our members with applications that easily bring together and present data from multiple sources,” said Gijs Van Oort, CEO and Executive Director, HASA. “By making the ManaCloud API available to our members, we can help them launch new and required services more cost effectively and help speed the transition to a more accountable healthcare system.”
Key features of the ManaCloud platform include:
• Secure, HIPAA-compliant cloud-based platform with multiple layers of data protection
• Developer-friendly RESTful, JSON API and Mobile SDK
• Sandbox allowing developers to build apps using test patient records
• Plug-ins for various devices and applications
• Clinical data plug-ins for many EMR output formats
ManaCloud Patient Gateway features:
• Tile-based user experience, allowing quick and easy navigation through complex medical records
• Automatically populates clinical data from standardized EMR outputs, including C32, CCDA, CCD, and HL7
• Supports View, Download, and Transmit requirements for Meaningful Use Stage 2 attestation
• Device plug-ins for FitBit, Jawbone, Apple HealthKit, and other common activity trackers
• Messaging support via DirectTrust allows secure email communications between patient and clinician
• Integrated content features allow patients to see educational information in text or video formats
• Note taking allows patients to capture questions for their next visit
• Easy-to-use document storage for x-rays, paper records, and other health documents that may be needed
You can learn learn more about Mana Health and arrange for a demo of ManaCloud at HIMSS15 at:
Healthcare Access San Antonio (HASA)
Healthcare Access San Antonio (HASA)