Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. As an inventor company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve the quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and acts as a socially and ethically responsible corporate citizen. In fiscal 2012, Bayer employed 110,500 people and had sales of €39.8 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to €2 billion, R&D expenses to €3 billion.
Bayer AG defines common values, goals and strategies for the entire Group. The three subgroups and three service companies operate independently, led by the management holding company. The Corporate Center supports the Group Management Board in its task of strategic leadership.
Business operations are the responsibility of the subgroups:
- Bayer HealthCare is among the world’s foremost innovators in the field of pharmaceutical and medical products. more
- Bayer CropScience, with its highly effective products, pioneering innovations and keen customer focus, holds global leadership positions in crop protection and non-agricultural pest control.
- Bayer MaterialScience is a renowned supplier of high-performance materials such as polycarbonates and polyurethanes, and innovative system solutions for a wide range of everyday uses. more
Central service functions are combined into three service companies:
- Bayer Business Services is the Bayer Group’s international competence center for it-based services. more
- Bayer Technology Services is the global technological backbone for the Bayer Group and a major innovation driver. more
- Currenta offers services for the chemical industry including utility supply, waste management, infrastructure, safety, security, analytics and vocational training. more